PAWS Memorial Cemetery
True Love Never Dies
Paws Memorial Park provides a pleasant resting place for beloved companion animals. Located behind the Humane Society, the cemetery for pets accepts companion animals 150 pounds or smaller and cremated companion animals of any size.
The burial package includes a marker. (You may provide your own casket.) The marker has holly bronze letters mounted on a dark brick-colored concrete. It carries the inscription of your choice.
Cost of burial:
(Price is based on size)
$175 for pets under 40 pounds
$200 for pets over 40 pounds
Please note: Inscriptions of up to 20 characters are included in the price of burial. A cost of $1 will be added for each additional character.
The marker is a 7-1/2 X 15 inch rectangle with holly bronze finish and dark brown background.
Listed below are the guidelines for more information
Paws Memorial Park has been created as a community service and, as such, we are limited in scope. Before deciding to bury your pet in our cemetery, please read the following guidelines. We regret that we are not able to vary from these guidelines, but because our staff is limited and the cemetery is only a small part of what the DBCHS does, we are limited as follows:
1. Paws Memorial Park accepts companion animals 150 pounds or smaller. We accept cremated companion animals of any size.
2. Paws Memorial Park is open during regular DBCHS hours: 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
3. The cost of burial is: $175 for pets under 40 pounds, $200 for pets over 40 pounds
4. Included in this price are a 7-1/2 X 15-inch marker with holly bronze letters on a dark background. The marker, mounted on brick-colored concrete, is available in a limited selection. An inscription on the marker of up to 20 characters (letters, numbers and punctuation) is included in the burial price. An additional charge of $1 per character will be made for extra characters. No graphics or photos may be added to the marker.
5. The pet owner is responsible for having the body cremated or transporting it to your regular veterinarian for storage until DBCHS can prepare the grave and pick the pet up from the veterinarian. Cremated pets may be brought directly to us. Unfortunately, we are not able to pick up any pet from the owner’s home.
6. The process of burial may take up to one month, depending on weather and other factors. We will contact you when your pet has been buried and the marker prepared and installed.
7. Any ceremony desired is entirely up to the pet’s family and can be carried out anytime after the pet is buried. We have tried, with these guidelines, to keep the process inexpensive and simple, while at the same time giving pet owners in our area a place to bury and memorialize their pets.
Should you decide you require something different,
we recommend contacting Sheabel Pet Cemetery in Fayette County.
For cremation, contact one of the following:
Bluegrass Pet Crematorium- 868 Floyd Dr., Lexington at 859-258-2052
Commonwealth Cremation -1058 North College, Harrodsburg at 859-734-2245